Friday, May 10, 2013

Well . . . phew! I did it! I added my signature to my blog!

I'm so excited that I've learned how to add my own signature to my blog, that I can barely stand it!  Woo Hoo!  This is exciting . . . . ok, am I a total nerd?  LOL!

Anyway, here are the steps I took:
Since I have a MacBook Pro, I use the program called "Acorn."  It is much less expensive than Photoshop, and does virtually the same thing.

Within your photo editor program:
1. Start a new project that is 300 pixels by 100 pixels.  Make sure your background is transparent.
2. Next, I like to create the look of my closing and signature.  As I'm writing to you now, in fact, I'm working on my classroom blog's signature!  :)  I choose two fonts for this part, one for the closing and another for my signature.  For my signature, I like to keep it straight, and I love the fonts from Kevin and Amanda's pea collection.  They really look like handwriting! In acorn, I press the little "T" for text and then I choose my color.  In my case for my camping blog, I'll either choose an olivey green, or a baby poopish color.  We will see.  I then go up to Filter, then Stylize, and finally drop shadow.  I like how it makes it pop.  Once I have my signature how I want it, I put it in the right corner of my image, making sure that nothing (including the shadow) is cut off.  The font I chose was Pea Marcie's Skinny Script

No comments:

Post a Comment